Frequently Asked Questions
Can I work around having a device that isn't directly supported in MixCast?
We're actively working on widening compatibility of input devices in MixCast, but for now a workaround is possible: Using XSplit to relay the video feed in a format MixCast VR can receive.
- To get started, grab XSplit Broadcaster from here and install it
- You'll need to register an account with XSplit as part of the first launch
- Select your input device (the HDMI capture card) under Sources
- Set your resolution and framerate by clicking on the device in the bottom-left and clicking Settings
- For the purposes of this guide I'm using a Logitech C920 webcam
- You do not need to set an output destination, simply running XSplit is sufficient
- Select your intended output resolution (canvas resolution) in the top-right dropdown of XSplit - typically this would match the resolution you set for your input device in step 3
- Mute the audio in Xsplit by clicking the microphone in the volume controls. If XSplit is recording audio it will cause echoes.
- Open MixCast and select XSplit Broadcast as your input source, and from then do everything you normally would with MixCast!
Last Updated 4 months ago